FOR CANON OCEANIA EMPLOYEES, FAMILY & FRIENDS and FRIENDS OF ICONIC IMAGES
This photo safari is for Canon Oceania employees, family and colleagues. You will photograph alongside CPS wildlife photographer, Jay Collier and Denis Glennon AO, owner of Iconic Images International, Australia. [The magnificent elephant image above was captured by Jay on his last Iconic Images tour to Mashatu].
Please call Denis Glennon on 0418 923 103 regarding participation or any queries.
Learn everything from how to capture the expanse of an African landscape to photographing the smallest details in wildlife. While you learn about technique, Jay’s & Denis’ approach to composing nature and wildlife will transform your photography, not merely add to it. And to add to that you will be joined by an accomplished and very knowledgeable South African naturalist and wildlife photographer. All three are experienced in professional wildlife photography having spent years honing their skills in Africa, and Isak, in particular has extensive knowledge of the wildlife species that you will see and photograph.
This exclusive, small group photo safari has been created specially for Canon Oceania employees, family and colleagues and friends of Iconic Images who have a passion for photographing stunning images of Africa’s wildlife in their natural environment. A primary focus of the photo safari is to give you every assistance to capture iconic images of Africa’s “Big Five”, including leopards, lions, cheetahs and photograph elephants up-close from our unique underground hide. The first arrival of an elephant herd, whilst you are in the underground hide, will leave you speechless and awestruck!
One of the best locations to photograph Africa’s largest mammals and superior predators has been selected:
- Mashatu in Botswana.
To find out more about the location we have selected for this photo tour, click on the link above. Linger for a while on the uniqueness of Mashatu’s Main Camp, imagining you were there. As on all Iconic Images photo tours, you will immediately appreciate the extremely high standard of accommodation we select for our clients. You will experience the best of African lodges; this one is world class. Be prepared to be pampered, a little.
It would be a challenge, anywhere in Africa, to surpass the photographic opportunities for up-close photography of elephants and birds offered on this photo safari,.
- You will travel with three professional and passionate wildlife photographers – Denis Glennon AO, Jay Collier, CPS Canon Australia and Isak Pretorius, an accomplished and very knowledgeable South African naturalist and wildlife photographer. Our aim is to ensure you come home with the best possible images and unforgettable memories of a “once-in-a-lifetime” experience photographing Africa’s magnificent animals.
- Leopards are the most elusive and arguably the most beautiful of the African predators! They seem to choose who photographs them! Our experienced drivers/guides will track them and with a little luck you will be astounded when you see how close we can get you to these supreme predators.
- Did you ever think you might photograph an elephant herd from a perspective similar to that lying on your stomach with the nearest elephant not more than five metres from your lens ? To get a feel for what this photographic experience might be like, play the short video clip at the bottom of the page!
- When not in the underground hide, or in one of the bird hides, you will be taken on game drives each day. You will have very experienced drivers accompanied by expert animal trackers to give you the best opportunities of finding and photographing a wide range of wildlife
- With no more than five photographers per vehicle you will appreciate the extra space whilst photographing. This arrangement caters especially well for photographers using larger telephoto lenses and yet allows enough space for spouses/partners/friends who just wish to sit, in peace and enjoy the special spirit of Africa.
- Whilst on safari, at no additional cost, you are invited to participate in two special photography workshops run by Jay Collier & Denis Glennon: (i) “Proven Techniques for Photographing Wildlife” and (ii) “Transforming your Wildlife Images into Photographic Art”.
- You are also invited to participate in at least one Feedback Session where Denis, Jay & Isak will offer constructive comments on some of your best images taken during the photo tour. The aim is to assist you turn great images into iconic ones. [This is
NOT a photo critique session].
THIS INAUGRAL PHOTO SAFARI IS CONFINED TO A MAXIMUM OF TWELVE (12) PARTICIPANTS.
DATES & SUMMARY ITINERARY
The photo safari commences from the Purple Trumpet Guesthouse, Pretoria on 28th June 2014 and finishes at Johannesburg Airport on 5th July 2014 following road transfer from Mashatu Private Reserve in Botswana. A direct link to Mashatu Main Camp is provided below. Should you wish to arrive a day or so early, i.e. before 27 June 2014 and you require accommodation you might like to visit the website of the Purple Trumpet Guesthouse, Pretoria. Iconic Images International has used this accommodation for pre and post photo tour short stays and finds it to be of a very suitable standard. It is approx. 35 mins. from J’burg Airport, depending on traffic. Participants will be met at Johannesburg Airport on arrival and transferred to the Purple Trumpet Guesthouse, Pretoria.
|27 June 2014||Arrive Johannesburg – overnight in Pretoria||Purple Trumpet Guesthouse|
|28 June 2014||Transfer to Mashatu – start of photo safari||Mashatu Main Camp – 7 nights|
|5 July 2014||Transfer to J’burg Airport – end of photo safari||N/A|
The photo safari is preceded by a short briefing at 6.00pm in the conference room of the Purple Trumpet Guesthouse, Pretoria, on 27 June. We have an early morning (6.00am) departure from the Purple Trumpet Guesthouse for the drive into Botswana on 28th June.
Please note, each participant is responsible for payment of their own accommodation at the Purple Trumpet Guesthouse for the night of 27th June; the cost including breakfast is approx. $100.00 which may be paid directly with your credit card, when checking out.
Harvey World Travel – East Perth (HWT), the booking agent for the workshop can assist you with booking this accommodation. Should you decide to arrive a day or so early or leave Africa a little later, HWT can also assist you with additional bookings at The Purple Trumpet Guesthouse, if you wish.
You should also download the more comprehensive itinerary by clicking the DOWNLOAD ITINERARY button in the sidebar on the right as this contains important information on travel insurance requirements, cancellation policy, health considerations, etc.
Costs, Terms of Payment & How To Register
The cost is: AUD$6995.00 per person, twin share, excluding international airfares between Australia and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Excluding airfares from the photo safari cost, allows participants to take advantage of the numerous “special fares” offered frequently by Qantas, South African Airlines, etc., on this route.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Terms of Payment are as follows:
1. A non-refundable first deposit of AUD$1245.00, together with a completed Registration Form, on or before Friday 24 January 2014.
2. A non-refundable second deposit of AUD$2,250.00, on or before Friday 28 February 2014.
3. A final payment of AUD$3,500.00, on or before Friday 28 March 2014.
As the tour is limited to twelve (12) participants, registrations will be accepted strictly in the order received.
HOW TO REGISTER
To register please click the REGISTRATION FORM button in the sidebar, download the Registration Form, complete same and follow the instructions regaring the return of the form.
To discuss any aspect of international flights for the photo tour or travel insurance, please contact the Australian booking agent:
Harvey World Travel – East Perth,
Shop 1/113 Royal Street, East Perth,
Western Australia 6004
Telephone:+61 (0)8 9221 9977
Fax:+61 (0)8 92215577
Email: email@example.com and request to speak to Mr Nick Missikos.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the photo safari, before making a decision to join us, please contact either:
Denis Glennon AO on 0418 923 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Jay Collier on 0410 608 790 or email@example.com
If this photo safari is not for you, perhaps you might consider forwarding the information to a friend, who may like to know about it.