BIG FIVE PHOTOGRAPHIC SAFARI – Botswana & South Africa.
This “Big Five 2014″ Photographic Safari has been carefully planned for photographers to capture the best of Africa’s extraordinary wildlife.
From the moment you arrive in Africa, until you board your return flight home you will be assisted by representatives of C4 Images & Safaris and Iconic Images International
The destinations have been carefully selected to maximise game viewing and photographic opportunities to capture stunning images of Africa’s “Big Five” – Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Rhino & Cape Buffalo, and much more.
The lodges and camps have been selected for their luxurious accommodation and easy access to wildlife in some of southern Africa’s best game reserves.
The overarching objective is to ensure you enjoy your photo safari to the fullest extent and return with as many stunning images of nature and wildlife, as possible.
This photo safari, is custom-designed for those having an interest in or a passion for nature/wildlife photography and spouses/partners having interests in wildlife, nature, and breath-taking landscapes and who wish to experience, in one trip, some extraordinary, untamed parts of Africa that are difficult to access for many, in their lifetime.
The duration of the safari is ideal for both “first timers” to Africa and those who have time restrictions – 16 nights, inclusive of travel to/from Africa
AN OVERVIEW OF THE ITINERARY
If you click on the name of the lodge or camp, you will be taken directly to its website where you will find comprehensive information on each one.
Day 1: Depart from Australia.
Day 2: Arrive in South Africa and transfer to Waterkloof Guesthouse in Pretoria.
Days 2, 3 & 4: Transfer to Mashatu Game Reserve, Botswana – 3 nights in Mashatu Tent Camp.
Day 5: Transfer to Heynetsburg and overnight in Bramasole Guesthouse.
Days 6, 7, 8 & 9: Transfer to MalaMala Game Reserve - 4 nights at MalaMala Main Camp
Days 10, 11 & 12: Transfer to Timbavati Private Nature -3 nights at Tanda Tula Safari Camp
Day 13: Final game drive and transfer to Johannsberg – overnight at President Lodge Guesthouse.
Day 14: After breakfast, transfer to airport for international flights.
Day 15: Arrive back in Australia.
- View and photograph some of the best and most stunning wildlife these parts of southern Africa, have to offer under the guidance of two competent wildlife photographers.
- Be enthralled by the behaviour of the big predator cats and see and photograph them up close, in several of the locations we have selected .
- Stay in exclusive lodges/camps; you will enjoy a level of hospitality and service akin to that enjoyed in days gone by.
- Experience and photograph Africa’s wild dogs, (now an endangered species) in some of he best places in Africa.
- This is not a rushed ‘general purpose’ tour as it lasts 16 days and the focus is unashamedly on ‘being in the moment with wildlife’ and taking time to experience and capture that ‘decisive moment’ with your camera.
- Our drivers/guides have been selected because they have experience in working with photographers; they are accustomed to waiting, in order to capture that ‘iconic image’.
- There will be a maximum of four persons per vehicle.
- You will be transported in comfortable vehicles between destinations.
- You will receive every assistance possible with your photography.
The safari commences in Johannesburg, South Africa on Sunday 11th May 2014 and finishes in Johannesburg on Saturday 24th May 2014.
IF YOU WISH TO KNOW MORE
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the photo safari, you are welcome to contact the booking agent, [currently being appointed] and request to speak to [currently being finalised]. Alternatively you can email [currently being finalised].
[Note: The SATSA logo indicates that C4 Images & Safaris, the company contracted to handle all of Iconic Images' on-ground arrangements for this photo safari, is a member of SATSA. SATSA members represent the best in business practices within the tourism industry in South Africa. These practices are audited annually. The SATSA logo signifies that C4 Images & Safaris offers services that are of the highest quality and the company is deemed to be a credible and reliable provider of services to the tourism industry. Additionally, SATSA members are bonded, providing a financial guarantee of deposits held against the involuntary liquidation of a SATSA member.]